[WikiEN-l] BBC

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 17:33:12 UTC 2007

Again, "it depends on the journalist and their employer". Some news media
groups obviously tend to push their people to sensationalize certain
stories. For the BBC, it might be science. Fox, it's sex offenders. I wasn't
saying journalists are perfect. But they do serve an important purpose. I
personally think anyone who isn't smart enough to realize the weaknesses and
prejudices of the particular media groups they watch, read or listen to is
asking to be duped. I might listen to NPR and read the NYTimes, and love
them, but I'm not stupid enough to think they're god.