[WikiEN-l] Fair use redux; the second coming of hell; Are we a free content or aren't we?

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 16:25:30 UTC 2007

On 7/23/07, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
> You seem to have missed *my* point, which is that I've explained it time
> and time again and some people Just Don't Get It.

You might want to consider that if you keep repeating yourself and
people don't agree, perhaps they just don't agree.  This isn't a
simple logic puzzle with one Right Answer; it involves weighing a
bunch of different factors and judging in a very subjective way which
are more important.

If other people are repeatedly coming to a different conclusion than
you, it's probably because they weight those different factors in a
different way than you do.

Thus, repetition is not going to solve anything.  (Even if you were
right and there was only one correct solution, simply repeating
yourself is not going to help; people have probably already stopped
listening).

-Matt