[WikiEN-l] Everything's spam all of a sudden

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 14:23:22 UTC 2007

--- K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought the list had died down all of a sudden, died
> down quite a
> bit, but apparently everything has been going into my
> spam mail box.
> Now, ya'll are thinking, oh, she changed the settings on
> her something
> to mark this spam by accident.  However, those of you who
> edit with me
> know the probability of my somehow finding a page or
> place or whatever
> it is called whereby I could change anything is 0, so
> obviously it had
> to be the list that did something.....

I have that problem on Yahoo sometimes too.  I think both
of their spam systems are set up to learn from how others
mark their email, and that, as a Wiki user, should alert
you to the potential problem of some people trying to
manipulate the "vote".

~~Pro-Lick
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:Halliburton_Shill
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pro-Lick