[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [gnu.org #336602] FDL and Wikipedia

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:20:36 UTC 2007

On 7/18/07, Angela Anuszewski <psu256 at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> For kicks, a while back when there was the BJAODN debate on copying
> content from one page to another and possible copyvios, I took it upon
> myself to write to the FSF compliance lab with my understanding of the
> situation and see if they would provide their commentary.

Did you have to mention Wikipedia in your inquiry? *shakes head*

> On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 04:25:25PM -0400, psu256 at member.fsf.org via RT wrote:
>> for example, it would probably be fine if the history section of
>> the final article had a link to the history section of the article
>> that was merged in.

Ergo, the history section being linked to needs to be visible to the
general public, not deleted on the presumption that nobody will want
to read it. What would be the purpose of linking to a history section
which no longer exists?

—C.W.