[WikiEN-l] Proposed {{prod}} for articles with no sources

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 18:29:21 UTC 2007

On 7/18/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've fixed that article. Adding footnotes to the same reference on
> each sentence is just stupid. Just putting the reference at the end is
> fine. Anyone that tries to claim something is unsourced without
> actually looking at the reference can just be ignored. If people
> checking for unsourced statements aren't going to actually look at
> sources, then they are going to miss statements which cite a source
> but aren't supported by the source, which is even worse than unsourced
> statements.

Doesn't work too well with paper sources. It is unreasonable to expect
people to spend large amount of time in a libiary before deciding
which bits are and which bits are not sourced particularly if the
article is expanded in more than one go or I decide to expand the
[[Salisbury and Southampton Canal]] article using Edwin Welch's  "The
Bankrupt Canal"

--
geni