[WikiEN-l] Proposed {{prod}} for articles with no sources

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 16:14:46 UTC 2007

On 7/18/07, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, John Lee wrote:
> > Yep. My main fear is that this process becomes a haven for goldfarmers
> who
> > want to rack up their edit/delete/tag count without reading the
> articles.
> > The last thing we ought to be encouraging is a templated mechanical
> process
> > that does not look at the individual circumstances of every article.
>
> I knew I should have waited a few posts before making sarcastic
> comparisons to
> the deletion of spoiler warnings.

You're assuming I supported the mechanical process of mass spoiler warning
removals. I think spoiler warnings are a bad idea, but I recognise that
their usefulness depends on the circumstances.

As an aside, your sarcastic comparisons may be misplaced considering that if
you dispute the removal of a spoiler warning, you can add it back, while
undoing deletions (without causing a wheel war/desysopings) is a
significantly harder and lengthier process.

Johnleemk