[WikiEN-l] Proposed {{prod}} for articles with no sources

Jossi Fresco jossifresco at mac.com
Wed Jul 18 04:13:03 UTC 2007

Please see:
[[Wikipedia:Requests for verification]]

http://tinyurl.com/ypmy36

A proposal designed as a process similar to {{prod}} to delete
articles without sources if no sources are provided in 30 days.

It reads:

" It has been suggested that this article might not meet Wikipedias's
core content policies Verifiability and/or No original research. If
references are not cited within a month, the disputed information
will be removed.

If you can address this concern by sourcing please edit this page and
do so. You may remove this message if you reference the article.

The article may be deleted if this message remains in place for 30
days. (This template was added: XXX XX 2007.)

If you created the article, please don't take offense. Instead,
improve the article so that it is acceptable according to
Verifiability and/or No original research."

Some editors see this as necessary to improve Wikipedia as a whole
and assert that this idea is supported by policy, and others ( me
included) see this as a negative thing for the project with the
potential of loss of articles that could be easily sourced.

I would encourage your comments in that page's talk.

-- Jossi