[WikiEN-l] listcruft

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Jul 17 22:40:16 UTC 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 14:58:33 -0400, "The Cunctator"
<cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:

>There is an immense amount of illogic in the above paragraph. Are you
>claiming that songs about masturbation don't exist?
>Or that it's impossible to tell what "Turning Japanese" and "Blister
>in the Sun" are talking about?

Of course not.  I am claiming that the mere existence of one or more
songs-about-randomly-selected-thing does not confer any inherent
merit on the subject of songs-about-randomly-selected-thing, and
most of the songs-about-randomly-selected-thing in most of the lists
are in fact songs which the editor who added them believes mention
or allude to thing, at some point.

Although to be fair, I thought the only wankers in "turning
Japanese" were the ones singing it...

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk