[WikiEN-l] PR puff piece on Wikipedia

quiddity blanketfort at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 18:28:11 UTC 2007

On 7/16/07, Jossi Fresco <jossifresco at mac.com> wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2007, at 10:45 PM, quiddity wrote:
>
> > Noticeboards are no different than policy/guideline talkpages - all
> > are run by "self-appointed experts"! and often by those at the
> > extremes of the wiki-philosophy spectrum.
>
> As an OTRS volunteer and one that monitors BLP/N, I take exception
> with your negative assessment.
>
> -- Jossi

It was an obvious over-generalization (I assumed). It was based on my
recent negative experience with some folks at WP:COIN and WT:EL. It
was directly referring to the [[Community sanction [née ban]
noticeboard]], and obliquely to the new [[Fringe
theories/noticeboard]]. It was all in reply to the statement of "yet
another silly Noticeboard".

However, I prefer not to couch everything with disclaimers and
references to the "exception to every rule" concept.

I'm sorry that I seem to have distressed you, by stating that anything
in Wikipedia is run by ""self-appointed experts"", whom often have
subjective points of view. (See
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Conflicting_Wikipedia_philosophies#Factions.2C_advocacy_and_suppression
and http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Faction)

More coffee now.