[WikiEN-l] Fair use issues; we need serious help

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 00:52:09 UTC 2007

On 7/17/07, InkSplotch <inkblot14 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/16/07, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > A boiler plate for logos has recently appeared, but it has less than
> > 50 transclusions.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Logo_fur
> >
> > Is it acceptable; can we start to depend on this template?
> >
> > --
> > John
> >

> Transcluded...I wonder, has anyone considered a feature request to log when
> templates are subst'd?  It would preserve the ability to save template-use
> 'as-is' at the time of subst'ing, yet still allow others to track how
> templates are used or abused.

A MediaWiki search in the Image namespace for text that is likely to
be unique to this template turns up only 14 hits.  So its use in any
form is not widespread, yet.

The equivalent template for "Album cover" has been shot down, but I
would like to see the logo template stick around as it isnt as
contentious or problematic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Album_cover_fur

--
John