[WikiEN-l] listcruft

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Jul 16 06:49:37 UTC 2007

Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:28:44 -0700, Ray Saintonge wrote:
>

>>>FSVO important.  Important, then, in the way that the Trivia section
>>>of articles is an important part of Wikipedia.  That is, important to
>>>the people who edit them.  And maybe nobody else at all...
>>>

>>Except the readers.
>>

>"the lurkers support me by email".  Where's the evidence that any
>meaningful number of people is actually looking for a list of songs
>about some randomly selected subject?

How long has the Guinness Book of Records been a best seller?  Trivia
contests seem to always do well.  I think you're underestimating the
general appetite for harmless trivia.  It may be less attractive for the
serious scholar, but even there it can be useful for settling factual
disputes that come up over a few beers.

>>P.S.  I'm not acquainted with the abbreviation "FSVO"
>>

>"For Some Values Of".

Thanks

Ec