[WikiEN-l] Deleting Chess Strategies and Chess Tactics will make Wikipedia a unique encyclopedia at least

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 04:00:25 UTC 2007

On 7/15/07, SJ <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But we don't need to speak in the abstract.  Take some of today's AfD
> entries, for instance: they include [[Bubbles the Clown]], [[Katie
> Hopkins]], [[Chess strategy]] and [[Chess tactics]] -- all of which
> (even the first) are well written, contributed to by many people, well
> to very-well referenced or linked, and in the latter two cases have
> been around for five years.

So, [[Bubbles the Clown]] was nominated by an editor who had been
editing for less than 36 hours, [[Katie Hopkins]] by an editor who has
been editing for less than 30 days,  plus we're apparently the type of
encyclopedia that has to question whether Rock Climbing and Chess
Strategies are notable.

Interesting.  But, really, something is going on in AfD.  These are
sock puppet accounts created by beligerant AfD deletionists who have
been caught out on various things--like probably the editor who
deleted stuff from an article then nominated it for deletion based
upon what he'd deleted not being there, is back.

I still think it's a secret contest.

KP