[WikiEN-l] Attack Site Wars, Episode VII... The Return of the Essjay

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 09:56:11 UTC 2007

On 7/15/07, Anirudh <anirudhsbh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Couple that with the fact that Wikipedia is regularly a top-ten website on
> most of the search engines.

In this case we are only 2 places above telegraph.co.uk

> > Laws, schmlaws, I am referring to ethics.
> >
> > Which ones?
> >
> > Humans have come up with everything from super restrictive to "Do what
> > thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"
>

> Human conscience, the laws of natural justice.

Natural justice is a legal concept.

> We *don't* have names for
> morals and ethics do we?

We have names for various ethical systems.

> > So your argument is noteability based?
>

> Are you deliberately going around in circles?

Only in so far as I'm trying to follow you.

> > They are not being denied information in any manner, but the point of him
> > > having an article featuring himself makes the situation even more
> > enormous.
> >
> > If they are not being denied information in any manner then the
> > article will make no difference.
>

> Featuring in an encyclopedia is quite different from getting mentioned on a
> tabloid. It generally magnifies the predicament of the individual.

Because it makes the information more available. This does not tie
into you claim that you do not wish to deny people information.

> > > No, it's about the systematic biases that plague Wiccapedia.
> > >

> > [[Wikipedia:WikiProject Countering systemic bias]]
>

> Yes, bureaucraticfuckism.

That is not a word normally used to describe Wikiprojects.

--
geni