[WikiEN-l] Article Rescue Squadron: Combat medics urgently needed

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 17:07:47 UTC 2007

On 7/15/07, SJ <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a great initiative.  I've run across a few excellent articles
> that were deleted -- by finding them through google searches and web
> links, and discovering the target article was gone -- because they had
> "only N ghits" and were on prod for 3 days --- or worse, rewritten
> with more information and deleted speedily as recreations.
>
> There should be a clear exception in the speedy policy on recreations
> that exempts anything that is an attempt to improve on an article
> deleted for lack of sources or non-notability.

The problem is identifying articles which have been deleted because of
content, and articles which have been deleted because of the topic.
Virtually all speedies fall under the former; PRODs lie somewhere in
between; most AfDs deal with the latter. But even then, finding out why an
article was deleted is something most admins are clearly too lazy to do. A
lot of people being promoted these days seem to clearly lack clue.

Johnleemk