[WikiEN-l] listcruft

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sat Jul 14 12:58:48 UTC 2007

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:44:40 +1000, "John Vandenberg"
<jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:

>Recently there has been
>a lot of "Lists of songs about ...." deletions.  Personally I have no
>love for lists about songs, but it seems like a lot of effort is being
>flushed down the tube.

Yes, we definitely need to educate people to stop wasting their time
on this crap so we don't upset them when it is (inevitably) deleted.
Most of them fail because the songs being "about" X tends to be
unsupported by independent sources; and because the subject of "songs
about X" is itself not encyclopaedic since the selection of X is
entirely arbitrary.

But they are as nothing compared with the lengths that fans of Minnie
Riperton and Mariah Carey will go to in order to promote their
original ideas on extremely high singing.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG