[WikiEN-l] Article Rescue Squadron: Combat medics urgently needed

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 04:11:07 UTC 2007

I'm not trying to sink it, if I wanted to try and do that I'd nominate it
for deletion. This is a discussion list, so I vetted my opinion of the
project. But me thinking it's a crap inclusionist's wet dream isnt a reason
to actually scrap it. that's just my personal gripe.

And the point I was making wasn't that it's bad to encourage participation
in AFDs, but that this is canvassing for AFD work that begins with the
presupposition that the whole system needs double checking and that
deletions as unencyclopedic are more often than not flawed. It thumbs its
nose at the validity of the results of the regular AFD process by saying we
need to build a task force to go about sweeping up. While this might be in
order if there really was big problems with a certain type of deletion going
on, I simply don't agree. I have faith in the usefulness and veracity of the
AFD process as it stands, without any outside interference or lobbying.