[WikiEN-l] Article Rescue Squadron: Combat medics urgently needed

Ben Yates ben.louis.yates at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 02:30:05 UTC 2007

Au contraire: there are uncontroversially encyclopedic topics whose
articles are being brought up for deletion.  That is precisely what
prompted the formation of this group.

My bigger point is that the Rescue Squadron sidesteps the usual
talk-page bickering and goes straight to the heart of things -- fixing
the article.  If, once the article is fixed, it still gets deleted,
then so be it.  The point is to demonstrate that some of these
"borderline" articles are actually mainstream articles that happen to
get parsed as nonencyclopedic /because of the way they're written/.

On 7/13/07, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com> wrote:
> Articles are not "uncontroversially encyclopedic" when they being brought up
> for deletion because of their lack of encyclopedic content or nature. A
> taskforce improving articles that don't have an AFD nomination would be more
> in line with your flawed vision of what the project constitutes. But when
> the project extensively mentions comabting what they see as unnecessary
> deletions in its intro and includes a direct link to AFD, then it's not a
> resource for improving articles that need help the most, but a project for
> making sure borderline articles get kept. That's inclusioism.
>
> On 7/13/07, Philip Sandifer <snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > I'm willing to practice euthanasia on them
> >
> > I'm willing to block you for being disruptive if you delete an
> > article on a notable topic that could have been improved just to
> > oppose people trying to fix them.
> >
> > -Phil

Ben Yates
Wikipedia blog - http://wikip.blogspot.com