[WikiEN-l] Disgusting behavior on AN:I

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 02:42:11 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:23:37 -0700, "George Herbert"
> <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> --8<-----
>
> Snipping some very wise words (and not just for MONGO), there is one
> important facet missing.  MONGO's problems arise in no small part from
> the extreme determination of a small group of lunatics, the 9/11
> conspiracy theorists.  These people are barking mad, and MONGO
> enforced and enforces policy against them, in the process (and
> probably at least half intentionally) proving to them that their mad
> theories are both mad and negligible.  They absolutely hate that, and
> they would hate it whoever was the messenger.

Without disagreeing that they're barking mad (and scientifically and
engineeringally incompetent, as well), there have been tendencies by
him and others on WP to overly marginalize any 9/11 conspiracy
discussion.

There are many barking mad things we have articles and sometimes whole
topic trees on.

I think we serve the project and readers badly by marginalizing it.  A
lot of people are curious about it; showing the theories openly and
exposing them to the light of day is more effective.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com