[WikiEN-l] Consistency of infoboxes [Wikitech-l] New Wikipedia interface in development

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 15:33:58 UTC 2007

Although infoboxes can annoy a lot of people (certainly me), they do
vastly increase the utility of Wikipedia in one very important
respect: they provide data in a machine-parseable form.

This is REALLY COOL STUFF and makes the Wikipedia database useful for
all sorts of things, including ones we haven't thought of yet. Note,
for instance, that the {{coord}} template is already used by Google
Earth and other mapping applications.

So, how's our progress in making infoboxes more consistent?

- d.