[WikiEN-l] WikiProjects - Your thoughts

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 08:17:56 UTC 2007

>From: Giggy <g1ggyman at gmail.com>
>To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
>Subject: [WikiEN-l] WikiProjects - Your thoughts
>Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:42:56 +1000
>
>Well, you see the occasional note about the future of WikiProjects being
>short because they just don't work...well, I see a fair few of these
>messages, as I do a good deal of project work.  So what do others think of
>the future?  Will WikiProjects still be around and kicking in...say...6
>months?

WikiProject are fantastically useful when stuffed with clueful, mature
people who really understand the subject matter, and what should and should
not be included. Most - nearly all - WikiProjects fall under this
description.

It's only when WikiProjects are stuffed with cruft-adoring fanboys that the
problems start.

More-schi