[WikiEN-l] Fair use issues; we need serious help

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 06:33:44 UTC 2007

the wording I prefer for 2/ .. if it serves to identify and
characterize a given thing, such as  an album, book, person, etc. No
critical commentary on the image
 in question is needed; just that it serves to identify.
(we're not a guide to identifying albums, but the image makes it clear
--often clearer  than the text-- what the nature of the work is. This
is the rationale for magazine covers, among other things. )

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.