[WikiEN-l] NY Times Magazine on Wikipedia

Keith Old keithold at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 03:32:10 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, Rory Stolzenberg <rory096 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/1/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:
> >
> > I suppose we could redirect all articles on current events to Wikinews.
> > What we are doing with that type of article is about the same as CNN.
> They
> > throw in a bit of original reporting, but mostly just comb other media
> and
> > repeat it. Would Wikinews put up with that?
> >
> > Fred
>

> Isn't that mostly what Wikinews does? I don't think it's mostly original
> reporting.

Folks,

Why would we do that when one of our strengths is our articles on topical
issues?

It has gained us a significant number of readers as recent news articles
have indicated.

http://www.editorsweblog.org/news/2007/07/wikipedia_ranks_first_for_online_news.php

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Regards