[WikiEN-l] BLP messiness

Rob gamaliel8 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 17:05:57 UTC 2007

On 7/11/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> The burden of proof is always on the person adding the information.

Yes, but this is a collaborative project.  The person removing the
information should insure that he or she is not removing some widely
known fact that could be sourced with a minute or two of research.
Our priority should be to insure that biographical articles are
accurately sourced, but in doing so, we shouldn't forget that our
mission is to construct an encyclopedia, and removing information that
belongs in an accurate, balanced, NPOV article doesn't help that
mission any.  No harm is done in encouraging people to remember the
second part of that sentence while rigorously enforcing the first.