[WikiEN-l] Schools again

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Jul 10 22:30:54 UTC 2007

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 20:10:03 -0700, "George Herbert"
<george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

>As one of the inclusionists willing to compromise on this issue, I
>object to that.  There were plenty enough people in the middle for a
>compromise to work.  The rhetoric from the extremist-seeming
>deletionists sunk the various compromise attempts time and time again.

Sorry, but that's not how I remember it.  The lengthy debate over
[[WP:SCHOOLS]] was torpedoed mainly by a small number of people who
flatly refused to consider anything other than "all schools are
inherently notable".  No merge was acceptable, no deletion was
acceptable, however atrocious the article, they stated as an article
of faith that every school merited an article.

I don't recall a *single* deletionist raising any argument that was as
dogmatic as those raised by the few militant inclusionists.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG