[WikiEN-l] FredBauder"clarifies"onattackkk site link policy

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Jul 10 22:28:15 UTC 2007

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:03:24 +0100, "James Farrar"
<james.farrar at gmail.com> wrote:

>I don't see any arguments against the banning of linking to web
>*pages* that contain personal attacks, etc., on Wikipedia users.
>What I see are arguments against the banning of links to entire web
>*sites* that happen to contain some such pages. I also haven't seen
>any justification for such a ban.

And indeed we have no such ban.  But Wikipedia Review contains
virtually nothing *but* such attacks, and incidentally is a forum so
any innocuous thread can rapidly be hijacked.  Linking to WR is
inappropriate in every circumstance raised thus far.

Simple enough, really.

If Wikiabuse contained a thoughtful critique of a notable event in
Wikipedia's history, it might well be justifiable as a link, because
there is at least some effort to keep it sane and resist "outing".

But not WR.  No thanks.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk