[WikiEN-l] Don't template the newbies either

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 21:55:52 UTC 2007

David Gerard-2 wrote:

> On 09/07/07, Phil Boswell <phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oh, please. Would you listen to someone caught speeding who suggested
>> that
>> having a standard form was insulting, and that they should receive a
>> hand-written letter detailing their idiocy in beautiful copper-plate?
> *cough* OK, I probably didn't pick the best example to hang the topic on

On a slightly more serious note, there does seem to be more of an atmosphere
recently of "tie the admins up with red tape".

This business of "blocks shall be preventative rather than punitive", for
example. Quite apart from the distinct echoes of Monty Python [1], who are
you going to block in a preventative manner other than some clown who has
been acting the goat, and how is that not punitive?

There seems to be a gang of people willing to jump into a thread on WP:ANI
cudgelling any admin who makes themself available, and I don't like it.

HTH HANFD
--
Phil
[1] "…and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not