[WikiEN-l] Deleting talk pages of deleted pages

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:35:33 UTC 2007

Thomas Dalton wrote:

> I don't see any great need to keep the pages. They can be undeleted if
> anyone wants to know what they said (I'm sure most admins would be
> happy to oblige, barring the usual concerns about copyright and
> libel). I think the reasons why we delete articles even though they
> may contain interesting information apply just as well to talk pages.

How is anybody supposed to know that there was anything to ask an admin to
delete?

Why are we obsessed with scuttling possibly-useful information just because
we can't use it RIGHT NOW...and why do we then jump all over newbies when
they ask questions to which they could have found the answers if the
relevant pages had not been speedied by some crazed tagger wanting to "level
up"?
--
Phil
...who is worried he's turning into a rampant inclusionist before his very