[WikiEN-l] Disgusting behavior on AN:I

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Mon Jul 9 11:40:13 UTC 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/I
ncidents#MONGO:_vexatious_litigation

[unfortunately, that URL is long enough that it got wrapped and needs
to be put back together]

Background:  Somebody started a RFC on User:MONGO to complain about
his uncivil behavior, including an edit summary that insulted an
entire country by saying that anybody posting from there was "anti-
American".  This resulted in MONGO and a few of his good buddies
getting a whole lot of laughs about how another nutcase was attacking
MONGO again, and how they were probably a sockpuppet of a banned
troll or something, and can't we find some excuse to ban him too?  At
one point, a special section was created in the RFC page for
"vexatious litigation against MONGO", though this was soon reverted.
In the end, the RFC was deleted as "frivolous", although it had
received the required two endorsements.  Once again, we see the
clique protecting its own, and making personal attacks with impunity
when they're against people who dare to criticize a clique member.

Some comments from that thread:

"Yet another frivolous RfC on MONGO: Wikipedia:Requests for
comment/MONGO 3, this time by an obvious sockpuppet." -- Bishonen

"Which ED sock is it this week, one wonders?" -- Corvus cornix

"Another brand new account that finds its way to ANI and jumps
straight in to a dispute about MONGO. Yawn!" -- ElinorD

So, who is it that said that we're not a "drama site"?

--
== Dan ==