[WikiEN-l] The Register decries Wikipedia's "censorship" via OTRS

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Jul 8 19:10:59 UTC 2007

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 19:57:07 +0100, "Thomas Dalton"
<thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

>Too often OTRS people remove *all* the material, not just the
>offending stuff. If just one paragraph was removed, I'm sure you would
>get very few complaints from the community. It's blanking whole pages
>without (significant) explanation which annoys people.

Ahem.  Too often, complainants are insufficiently explicit about which
material causes a problem.

Remember, we are talking about volunteers here, with comparatively
large volumes of messages to get through in their limited available
time.  To help fix the perceived problem, you could always volunteer.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG