[WikiEN-l] FredBauder"clarifies"onattackkk site link policy

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 17:25:14 UTC 2007

To start with, I thank you for the admission that the ArbCom decision
did not itself specifically justify the removal of the references or
the banning of this particular site.

The real argument for refusing to link to a particular site can only
be that none of its material can possibly be objective, since they
make a habit of inserting unsourced and unjustifiable material. But
that discards the good as well as the bad--the number given above was
10% good. Do you think that WP editors are unable to tell the good
from the bad? Honest reporting includes all pertinent documentation.
As  the arb com ruling does not permit this, it is wrong as being a
rejection of the fundamental principle of using verifiable
information--all verifiable information.

This does not mean I intend to violate it, or suggest that anyone
should. There are other present rules I do not think wise, but I
follow them, while hoping that ways will be found to change them.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.