[WikiEN-l] My favorite Wikipedia article ever

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Jul 8 11:26:43 UTC 2007

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 05:08:40 -0500, "Charlotte Webb"
<charlottethewebb at gmail.com> wrote:

>There will always be exceptions on both sides of the line, no matter
>how complexly gerrymandered it becomes. Even if it were possible to
>create a picture-perfect and binding rubric of "notability", any time
>and energy invested such a task would be better spent elsewhere.

Of course.  And even for the blindingly obvious cases there will
always be at least one person who disagrees, otherwise the article
would not exist in the first place.

You can't legislate Clue, unfortunately.

However, I'd say notability is pretty explicit about the mere
existence of sources not being an indicator if inherent notability. In
this case there is no true secondary source, since the FAA and the
press reports are both primary.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk