[WikiEN-l] The Register decries Wikipedia's "censorship" via OTRS

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 8 08:07:04 UTC 2007

Steven Walling wrote:
> After reading all of this, I only have one question left...is the Register
> ever considered a reliable source per WP:Notability? Is there some way we
> can list it as being unsuitable for referencing?

Not a good idea. What would happen to
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Register> or
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Orlowski>? They both use references
to The Register entirely validly.

In general, one should avoid drawing hard-edged lines where
situation-by-situation judgments are just fine. The looniest, kookiest,
most unreliable site in the universe can still be an important and
useful reference when talking about that site.