[WikiEN-l] My favorite Wikipedia article ever

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:46:17 UTC 2007

On 7/7/07, Rory Stolzenberg <rory096 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/7/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:45:06 -0700, "K P" <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Republic Airlines flight 4912 & SkyWest Airlines flight 5741
> >
> > Good grief.  We should think about starting a project for news
> > stories, where things like this that have absolutely zero lasting
> > significance can go.  We could call it,. I don't know, how about...
> > Wikinews.
> >
> > What baffles me even more is that it was kept by AfD.  Are we really
> > lowering the bar to the point where every single near miss gets an
> > article?  Are we the FAA Wiki now?
> >
> > Guy (JzG)
> > --
> > http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG
>

> It'll be overturned on DRV, since the AfD closure was invalid and many of
> the people who commented seem to have gotten there from canvassing at a
> wikiproject anyway.
>
> Rory

Here's another good one with "secret sources."  All you tag haters, I
warn you, I've added fact requested tags to the unreferenced
secrets--actually should be removed, probably, on legal grounds, that
we shouldn't be publically speculating about other people's secrets
without references, or for some other reason that the inclusioin of
unreferenced secrets mind boggling fails to allow to make sense.

Cloverfield

If you want to know some secrets, read this.  But don't ask how
Wikipedia knows these secrets, because that's really a secret.

KP