[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia:Fringe noticeboards/Theory

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 23:07:02 UTC 2007

On 7/6/07, Charlotte Webb <charlottethewebb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/07, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > These are facts. Presenting them as anything else would be misleading.
>
> I'm not talking about facts. I'm talking about unprovable and mutually
> conflicting theories.

Speciation is a theory

"The earth is a reasonably well-approximated oblate spheroid." is a theory.

The first conflictics with certian versions of creationism. The second
conflicts with the Aristotelian model.

> Nobody's seriously dismissing Einstein as a nutter, but he himself
> admitted "No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a
> single experiment can prove me wrong."
>
> Such is the beauty of theories.

If you are going to bring up falsificationism you could at least have
the decency to credit Karl Popper rather than Einstein.

--
geni