[WikiEN-l] FredBauder"clarifies"onattack site link policy

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Thu Jul 5 16:22:03 UTC 2007

On 5 Jul 2007 at 03:42:01 +0000, "Fred Bauder" <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> Part of the ban is posturing

So it's kind of like the "security theatre" we have to endure every time we travel by air... lots of
silly rules, enforced in an arbitrary, draconian way, with all sorts of inconvenience to innocent
people, which probably doesn't do much or anything at all to prevent actual terrorism, but
which show everybody that the authorities are Doing Something.

> So it is very much a matter of saying and meaning:
>
> We will make every effort to support our contributors and to defeat attempts to harass them.

...and we don't care how many contributors we need to harrass in order to accomplish this!

KamrynMatika seems possibly to have been run off in this way now.. at least, she's blanked
out her user and talk pages and hasn't made any appearance in a couple of days, after
getting into conflict with the "draconian-link-ban" people.

Dan