[WikiEN-l] FredBauder"clarifies"onattackkkkkkkkk site link policy

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Thu Jul 5 08:53:28 UTC 2007

The solution obviously is to ban links to vicious sites, but not extend bans, at least in policy conversations to sites which have significant legitimate critical content. Asking critical sites to ban posting by those who have been banned from Wikipedia for good reason is not a practical solution. Asking them not to engage in repeated harassment of our users might be.

It is important to support our productive and responsible users and to do what we can to protect them from harassment both on Wikipedia and on external sites.

Fred