[WikiEN-l] GFDL License PFD

michael west michawest at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 02:15:36 UTC 2007

An article I wrote was based heavily on an academic study that has since
left the web. I emailed the author asking if it was "just moved" and that It
was very useful for wikipedia.

The reply was :-
"Hi Mike

I did have the report on the **** web site but **** has sadly closed about a
year ago.
The report should go on the new research institute's web site **** but that
is taking a
while to get set up.  I am happy to have the report on wikipedia and have
attached an
amended version of it (I think the original version had names of those
interviewed in and
I did guarantee them confidentiality).

Hope this helps

Jo" (**** relates to other projects)

Now, I think the good Dr probably doesn't understand our GFDL system, and I
am very loathe to use any of the suggested templates (no wonder researchers
turn us down), do you think that I could use a licence based on this email?

Mike