[WikiEN-l] FredBauder"clarifies"onattackkkkk site link policy

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Jul 3 17:13:39 UTC 2007

On 7/3/07, Slim Virgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote> On 7/2/07, The
Mangoe <the.mangoe at gmail.com> wrote:
> What we're talking about is very simple. We have a bunch of people who
> volunteer their time because Wikipedia's a cause they believe in.
> That's not a bad thing to do. Therefore, don't make their time here an
> abject misery. Criticize them by all means. But recognize the line
> between fair comment and hurtful attacks that humiliate them. And
> don't do anything on Wikipedia that could put them in harm's way in
> real life.
>
> For me, it's a no brainer that that includes not linking to websites
> that *make a habit* of humiliating their targets. It's very sad that a
> simple attempt to be decent triggered so much baiting and an unkind
> breaching experiment.

So, www.howardstern.com is out?  Or is that only when the target is a
Wikipedian?  What if Rosie O'Donnell (who is regularly attacked and
humiliated by Stern) creates an account?  Hmm, maybe that should be
limited to not linking to sites that make a habit of humiliating
members of the Wikipedia inner circles?  Wait, no, there are no
Wikipedia inner circles...  Hmm....