[WikiEN-l] Fred Bauder "clarifies" on attack site link policy

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Tue Jul 3 04:50:24 UTC 2007

Fred Bauder wrote:
> Your essay presumes that a parasitic site feeding off us does not
> suffer lack of oxygen if we don't link to them. I suppose if a tick
> got on you, you would just let it suck and suck, get bigger and
> bigger and have a litter of little ticks.

I'm sorry, but the analogy doesn't work for me.  The only way to
cut off the oxygen supply of a site like that would be to somehow
prevent it (i.e. all the people editing it) from *reading*
Wikipedia.  Just cutting off the links, that's like, I don't
know, donning a pair of dark black Joo Janta peril-sensitive
sunglasses so that *we* can't see the tick (but everybody else
can still see it, sucking away).

> I bet you get rid of that tick in real life.

Sure.  But our laws seem to treat acarinicide and homicide
differently.