[WikiEN-l] FredBauder"clarifies"onattackkkkk site link policy

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Tue Jul 3 03:12:32 UTC 2007

Jayjg wrote:
> On 7/2/07, Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com> wrote:
>> It's about trying to get BADSITES resurrected, under the guise of
>> the "attack sites" section within WP:NPA, using MONGO as a precedent.
>
> No, Steve, we're not doing "A WITCH, A WITCH" commentary any more.
> We're moving on to sensible discussion.

I'm sorry my statement might have sounded to some like the
ravings of a paranoid conspiracy theorist, and I almost said so
in advance.  But in all seriousness: what is the difference
between BADSITES and

	...Linking to attack sites is not permitted and doing so
	repeatedly may result in a block.

	The ArbCom has ruled that "[a] website that engages in
	the practice of publishing private information concerning
	the identities of Wikipedia participants will be regarded
	as an attack site whose pages should not be linked to
	from Wikipedia pages under any circumstances," and that
	"[l]inks to attack sites may be removed by any user; such
	removals are exempt from 3RR.  Deliberately linking to an
	attack site may be grounds for blocking."

(That's from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:
No_personal_attacks&oldid=133377921, from May 25.)