[WikiEN-l] FredBauder"clarifies"onattackkkkk site link policy

Philippe Beaudette philippebeaudette at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 22:00:01 UTC 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: James Farrar
  To: English Wikipedia
  Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 4:50 PM
  Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] FredBauder"clarifies"onattackkkkk site link policy

  On 02/07/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

  > Yes, it was appropriate. The MONGO case was quite clear when we voted
  > on it, and the vote was unanimous:
  >
  > "A website that engages in the practice of publishing private
  > information concerning the identities of Wikipedia participants will
  > be regarded as an attack site whose pages should not be linked to from
  > Wikipedia pages under any circumstances."

  OK, so we not cannot link to the New York Times, after its recent
  magazine article.

Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't see an "outing" of any private information, other than that which was presumably given to the Times with the understanding that it could be printed.  I suppose I am not fully in the loop on that, but... someone clarify for me if I missed something, please.

Philippe