[WikiEN-l] Attack Site Wars, Episode VII... The Return of the Essjay

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Jul 1 21:36:46 UTC 2007

On 7/1/07, White Cat <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not at all, there was a longer non-stop coverage w/o a commercial break on
> Anna Nicole Smith than September 11th.

Where?  Not that a record for the longest non-stop coverage w/o a
commercial break implies overall greater coverage, but I would be
interested in seeing a cite for that fact.

> The daily show mocked this too.

The daily show is not a reliable source for such information.

> What I really mean is sometimes the media gives undue weight to something
> insignificant.

Anna Nicole Smith's death was actually quite significant (at least
potentially), due to the large inheritance she might be getting, which
is exactly why so many people were fighting about it, and led directly
to a lot of the news coverage.  It wasn't as significant as 9/11, but
it was significant.