[WikiEN-l] WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 48, Issue 3

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Jul 1 15:51:17 UTC 2007

On 2 Jul 2007 at 01:09:59 +1000, "Stephen Bain"
<stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bauder could have chosen his words more carefully, but there is not
> really any contradiction. As he says, arbitration rulings are not
> policy and should not be taken as such. What he leave out is the
> implicit corollary that rulings are applications of policy to
> particular situations, and similar situations ought to be approached
> in similar

And how, exactly, is what Kamryn did "similar" to anything that was
addressed in the past rulings?  She was providing a relevant
reference to an article, not engaging in harrassment or attacks.

> The crucial point is that attempts to take the rulings from the Mongo
> case and turn them into *general* rules have not been constructive.
> The ways in which some people have chosen to extrapolate from the
> Mongo case have failed to take into account the nuances of the
> rulings.

...including, in my opinion, what Bauder did in the course of
"clarifying" the ruling.

--
== Dan ==