No subject

Sun Jan 7 16:43:09 UTC 2007

"Polls show that about twice as many Americans identify themselves as
"conservative" compared with "liberal", and that ratio has been
increasing for two decades.[1] But on Wikipedia, about three times as
many editors identify themselves as "liberal" compared with
"conservative".[2] That suggests Wikipedia is six times more liberal
than the American public. "

Yeah, that's how statistics work :)

> I don't doubt that our editors are more "liberal" than the average American
> - we're also probably better educated than the average American, more
> computer literate than the average American, better informed than the
> average American, and more likely to be non-American than the average
> American.  But how does claiming that "dinosaur" is a Latin-root word,
> discussing the amount of space on the ark
> http://www.conservapedia.com/Dinosaur
>
> and including pix of Jesus riding a dinosaur (gone now, but oh so amusing)
> http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Dinosaur&oldid=17255
>
> somehow balance the "liberal bias"?  Since when do conservatives believe
> that the opposite of liberal is nut?

Can I just make this point again: what did you expect? This is a
website with its POV right there in the name! Of course it has a
conservative bias, of course their arguements aren't going to make
sense, of course it's going to claim that dinosaurs was created on the
6th day! There isn't any logic to it, it's a bunch of people that are
100% certain of their beliefs, and they aren't going to let silly
stuff like "neutrality", "fairness" or "reason" stand in their way.

Have we learned nothing from the Time Cube guy?

--Oskar