[WikiEN-l] Publishing group hires 'Pit Bull of PR' to fight open access

George Chriss GChriss at psu.edu
Mon Jan 29 22:37:36 UTC 2007

Hi,

For a clearer idea of AAP's argument, please see:

https://mx2.arl.org/Lists/SPARC-OAForum/Message/3572.html

Thanks, George
en|irc : [[GChriss]]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/25/AR2007012501705.html

> &quot;...Dezenhall told the association's professional and scholarly publishing
> division, he could help -- in part by simplifying the industry's message to a
> few key phrases that even a busy senator could grasp.  Phrases like: &quot;Public
> access equals government censorship...&quot;
>
>   They've hired Cplot?!?
>
>           Jkelly

It would explain a lot. I tend to feel that one would be rather open
to a counter attack along the lines of:

montage of NASA images

&quot;the Association of American Publishers would have you believe that
this is censorship&quot;

--
geni