[WikiEN-l] right of rebuttal (was: David is on Channel 4 tonight re MS issue)

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sun Jan 28 13:42:14 UTC 2007

Ec wrote:
> I think that we need to establish a right of defence or rebuttal (or
> whatever we want to call it).  This would allow anyone who is directly
> affected by the article a place to defend his point of view.

This is an excellent, excellent idea.

I'm reminded of another entity we love to hate: credit reporting
agencies.  One of the reasons we (justifiably) love to hate them
is that they provide little or no mechanism to challenge the
information they hold about us.  Wikipedia should not be anything
like a credit reporting agency.