[WikiEN-l] WP:LAME candidate

Daniel P. B. Smith wikipedia2006 at dpbsmith.com
Sat Jan 27 12:38:35 UTC 2007

On Jan 27, 2007, at 7:00 AM, wikien-l-request at lists.wikimedia.org wrote:

> From: Timwi <timwi at gmx.net>
>
> I would like to nominate [[User:I B Wright]]'s current endeavour on
> [[Pentagrid converter]] for [[WP:LAME]]. He keeps re-inserting a piece
> of text that is completely nonsensical. He claims that it's a
> "literary
> device" and insists that "all the vacuum-tube-savvy editors are happy
> with it". Four different people have already removed it (myself
> included) and he keeps reinserting it.
>
> Timwi

Specifically, it appears keeps reinserting a piece of text such that
the opening of the section, "The Pentode," reads:

"[Pentode? Are you quite sure? - Ed.] Absolutely. One UK company,
Mazda, produced a triode-pentode frequency changer, the AC/TP."

Just to make it clear, the interpolation "[Pentode? Are you quite
sure? - Ed.] Absolutely." appears in the text of the article itself,
not the discussion page. I don't see where he calls it a "literary
device," but I do see edit comments to the effect that "Reverted:
It's not inline discussion" and "Once again - IT'S *NOT* DISCUSSION."

But, hey, how can you argue with anyone whose username is "I. B.
Wright?"