[WikiEN-l] "Articles that do not cite reliable published sources will be deleted."

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 02:30:46 UTC 2007

On 1/27/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Is there some place where changes to this statement are discussed that
> I'm unaware of, or is it just being jerked back and forth at individual
> whim?

Individual whim trumps consensus for GUI messages for some reason.
Something I abhor, as admins are *not* supposed to use their power in
this way.

Geni: Eh it's been a fairly standard reason to use it prods for some time
roughly translates as "we don't belive the author of this article.

There's a big difference between "This author has not cited his
sources" and "We don't believe this author". If the first is being
used as a euphemism for the second, this is a bit sloppy. No one
should ever be deleting material which is harmless (not libellous,
copyvio etc), useful (not vanity, nonsense etc) and totally
believable, even if it's not sourced.

Well, that's my take, and a hell of a lot closer to actual practice
than "All unsourced material will be deleted".

Steve