[WikiEN-l] [Wikipedia-l] school articles : enough

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 12:33:05 UTC 2007

On 26/01/07, David Monniaux <David.Monniaux at free.fr> wrote:

> Typical complaints: an article (or a former version thereof) will, in
> increasing order of severity:
> * Contain true, but anecdotal or biasedly presented information on the
> school. (Example: three years ago, there was a party where students were
> drunk. Who cares? This happens everywhere.)
> * Contain false allegations against the school. Example: the school is a
> known drug trafficking spot.
> * Contain information on the private life of named individuals,
> especially minors. Example: calling a certain female student a slut,
> saying that such or such teacher is homosexual, or similar.
> * Contain libellious accusations against named individuals. Example: the
> principal was accused of statutory rape.
> That kind of things probably comes from students or former students.
> They may stay for days because these articles are largely unpatrolled. I
> suspect those who do that do not quite understand the severity of what
> they do, that they can create real harm, especially when individuals are
> named.
> Complaints come from school administrators or parents.

The on-wiki way to deal with this is let people in the schools project
know there's a serious problem and these articles need serious
patrolling, with the level of concern of living biographies. (I say
the schools project because that's where the school entry advocates
gather.)

Anyone from the schools project on wikien-l? Can you get some
patrolling together?

- d.