[WikiEN-l] Nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Jan 26 05:41:59 UTC 2007

Steve Block wrote:

>Phil Sandifer wrote:
>

>>We should nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]. They are not working. They
>>have never worked. It is not a feasible project to go and add sources
>>to everything, and new contributors who are editing casually are
>>never going to be willing to do the extra work of having sources. The
>>result is a rule where we are always going to be playing catch-up.
>>

>In all honesty if that happens I will probably walk.

The problem with this kind of argument as the very first one in a series
of comments is that it makes me feel blackmailed by whatever follows.  I
am disinclined to read further because because I feel that the
motivation for what follows will not be based on the objective issue,
but on finding reasons to keep you here.

Ec